Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Art of Orange Salad


A simple dessert recipe for any day of the year. I've been making this recipes for a few years now and I always make it for hoildays and birthday or summer parties. I got this recipe from my great-grandmother who got it from my great-aunt who found from (you get my point). Im so glad she found this from where ever or who ever I'm simply in love with it it. My brothers, sisters, my 1 year old neice and guy friends ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS RECIPE. I don't know if it's the fruit,cool whip and marshmallow combination but men LOVE THIS STUFF. It's very simple to make I'll try to make a video of this later. Follow the recipe posted I've tried this with diffrent brands of products some are better with this dish than others so through trial and error I've found this recipe to work the best to make a great ORANGE SALAD. ENJOY!!! :)

ORANGE SALAD
1 LARGE BOX OF JELLO brand orange jello
2 Cool Whip brand whipped topping
2 Sour Cream (brand of your choosing)
1 Bag of miniture Marshmallows (Kraft,Jet puff or nice quality brand)
1 Large or 2 Small cans of DOLE PINAPPLE (chunks or crush)
2 Small or 1 Large can of MANDARIAN ORANGES (Nice Quality)

In a large bowl add Cool Whip and Sour Cream
next drain the Pinapples and Mandarin Oranges then place in bowl
now pour in the Miniture Marshmallow
Finally add the large box of Orange Jello brand gelatin
fold mixture until it is a even orange color
Let refrigerate over night then serve
Makes one large organge salad dish
(You can also cut large marshmallow in half)



NOTE: You don't have to only use pinapples and oranges you can mix and match diffrent combinations of "summer fruit" well as JELLO mixes to make a simple sweet treat to call your own.You can always make more or make less by simply using or not using 1 smaller sizes of each main items
Told you it was easy : ) ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment