Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Deep Treatment Masque

Price Point $7.99 - $8.99
 
I first came across this line of products a few months ago while shopping at Walmart. I wasn't a stranger to using the original line of Cantu hair products. I've tried everything from the creamy shampoo to the now imfamous leave-in conditioner and have always enjoyed using Cantu products since I started transitioning (May 2011) and into my natural hair journey. I've always been a fan of Cantu products because of the great quality and reasonable prices of their products. At first glance of the Natural Hair products from Cantu I was curious and very tempted to try them but I was on a strict no buy at that moment in time and  had to past on them. Fast forward a couple months and half empty product stash later, I started seeing reviews well as vlogs via youtube which lead me back to the Deep Treatment Masque. Being in the 4 hair type catergory my hair was screaming for a new deep conditioning treatment since my Elasta QP DPR 11+ gave out and no longer worked to hydrate, moisturized and deep condition my thick head of hair (we broke up). I decided to go a head and try the Deep Treatment Masque and I must say I was very impressed with this product. It retailed for 7.99 - 8.99 in most places here in Memphis, TN. The product was delicious in smell, thick in consistancy and had a lot of product in th jar. I was able to saturate my hair in it's pina colada coconutty goodness. I applied it as I would normally do any deep conditioning treatment after shampooing, conditioning, and detangling well as sectioning off my soaking wet hair into fat twists. I followed the direction, (sorta) but made a few adjustments of my own to fit my hair needs. Instead of leave in the products for 30 mins with a plastic cap I left the product on for 1 hour and a half. I did sit under a hooded dryer (went old school) for an hour then just kept it on for an additional 30 mins while I finished some errands around the house. I was amazed at how conditioned my hair was when I rinsed out the product. My hair was in big twists and I simply started to squeese out the product while standing under the shower head. Since this product doubles as a leave in conditioner I wanted to leave a little bit in my hair. I rinsed out about 90% of the product out of my hair. I was able to finger detangle with no problem and started my normal routine for my twist out. The next day after I untwisted my twist can you say soft and supple hair like it was nobody's business!!! This product is going in my staple product stash as my go to hair mask for now on. Over all this makes me want to try more products from the Cantu Natural Hair line. The Curling Cream is next on my list to try out from this company. I would highly recommend this product to any person with thick hair or who have problems with abtaining moisture in their hair. This product well as the many different Cantu products can be found in local beauty, grocery, super centers, drug stores in most cities and can be found on many online webstores. Video review coming soon www.youtube.com/GirlFridayBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment