Tuesday, July 23, 2013

ORS Hair Mayonaise (Squeeze Tube) Review

 
Price Point $5.49-$7.49
This product is not a complete stranger to me, but I am new to using it in general. My mom use to use the old formula all the time. I remembered the smell the look and the thickness of it. I was a little weird about trying this since it was a NEW formula. I bought it any way and it set up in my product pile for two months before I actually used it. I waited until I really needed a good protein based deep conditioner I did my normal routine shampooed my hair using Taliah Waajid Total Body black earth shampoo. I section my hair off in detangled twists and applied the product from the back (nape) to the front area. Working the product in using the finger comb method. It was easy to use, thick and creamy like most deep conditioners I buy. One thing I didn't care for was the smell of this product. It wasn't a bad smell it just reminded me of Cool Water cologne that the old men use to wear back in the day with a hint of spice and mayo lol. Never the less I placed my plastic cap on my head and sat under ye' old hair dryer for 30 mins. I wanted to push this products abilities and left it on over night. Old man juice spray smell and all. I rinsed the very next day. My hair was very soft and conditioned. I give this hair mayo it props it's kinda nice. I honestly can't say if I would try this product again. It wasn't bad it just didn't rub me the right way for some reason. Maybe the old man juice spray smell did it. They changed this product from what I remembered as a child growing up. I will say it's worth a try. I ended up cleaning out my product stash and gave this away to my sister in law. She enjoyed this product it soften her hair after having her hair in braids for 2 and a half months. It's a great treatment to put back into the hair. It was worth a shot. No direct hard feelings, but I would give it a new scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment