Sunday, September 1, 2013

Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Twist and Lock Gel (Product Review)

At first glance I was happy to see this product in the store. Cantu isn't a stranger in my house. I didn't over think this product. I thought to myself, "Ooh a new product by Cantu". Then I took off the lid to smell and look at the physical product. It was the weirdest looking consistency of a product I had ever seen. I'm a product junkie and I've seen alot of different types of products but none with this feel to it. Its a cross between a light whipped yogurt jello and vanilla pudding. The smell is amazing just like the other Cantu for natural hair products. I used this product after my extended wash routine. I applied this product on detangled wet hair, that was conditioned, oiled, and moisturized (SEE L-O-C METHOD POST). Styled in the form of twists for my go to hair style (twist out). I loved this product!!! It's simple and easy to use. The key to this product is not using a lot and rubbing it between your fingers before working it into the hair. I find that this warms the product up making it easier to distribute onto the hair. After I let my twists air dry for 2 days I untwisted them to find my BEST TWIST OUT EVER!!!! My hair was so soft yet firm & defined. The shine from this product was amazing alone by it's self. For 13 oz of product this will be in my stash for a while. I normally have to put a huge dent in my gels, curly cremes, and etc but I have hardly used any of this product. I feel like I'm getting my money's worth on this one.  I would highly recommend using the LOC Method with this product. I enjoyed this product and I will make my rounds to try more from the Cantu Shea Butter for Natural hair line.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review! I'll definitely have to try this product out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete